2017 Israel Recreational Hockey Association Tournament
Monday, Jan. 30 through Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
The Canada Centre - Metula, Israel
International Ice Hockey Arena, The Canada Centre, Metula, Israel
The site of this year's hotel accommodations is once again Hotel Kfar Giladi. The hotel is located about 7km (4 miles) from the skating rink in Metulla.
Special tournament group rates - PER ROOM, PER NIGHT in shekels are as follows:
All rates include breakfast and dinner (special times for our group)
- Single - 535 nis
- Two in a room - 670 nis
- Three in a room - 930 nis
- Two plus child - 835 nis
- Two plus two children - 1000 nis
- Single - 770 nis
- Two in a room - 965 nis
- Three in a room - 1350 nis
- Two plus child - 1205 nis
- Two plus two children - 1445 nis
For family rates and extended stays beyond February 5th, contact us.
All tourists receive an 18% discount on room rates with the tourist slip that you get at the airport.
Tournament costs per person:
Payment Received By
December 15 - $900 After Dec. 15 - $1100
Spouses, family, friends, supporters, tourists, observers, etc. - $200
- All Attendees Receive:
- Official tournament hat and t-shirt
- Official tournament program and name tag
- Kosher final awards banquet
- Entrance to The Canada Centre during game times
- Bus and admittance to Hamat Gader hot springs
- Guided tour in the area of Metulla
- Access to fully stocked tournament room in hotel
- Players Additionally Receive:
- Team Uniform
- Tournament bag
- Trophies for team MVPs
- Checks in US funds payable to "Israel Recreational Hockey Association - IRHA" can be sent to 4212 Promenade Blvd. Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2779, USA
- To offset registration costs, tax-deductible donations in both US and Canada can be made to our partner charities:
- Help kids from underprivileged backgrounds play hockey by supporting Shiloh Israel Children's Fund and mentioning it's for hockey in Israel. (http://www.shilohisraelchildren.org/donations/)
- Help bring nutritious food to Israel's needy by supporting Leket through our B'Simchas page (http://bsimchas.leket.org/en/page/2017 irha hockey tournament.aspx)
- Your donations will be matched with a 70 cents to the dollar discount of your registration fee, up to a maximum credit of $200. For example, donate $100 and receive $70 off your tournament fee. More generous donations will be gladly accepted and are much needed by these two great charities.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. Special registration discounts are available for sponsors.
If you are interested in furthering IRHA hockey programs in Israel, please contact us to donate to our non-profit organization.
- Additional commemorative items are available for purchase. Hockey jerseys - $75, T-shirts - $15, Caps - $20. Contact us for more info.
- $50 processing fee for cancellation received by October 15, 2016
- $200 cancellation fee for cancellations received by January 1, 2017
- $300 cancellation fee for cancellations after January 1, 2017
Cancellations after October 15 will receive all tournament bag items.
- Donations cannot be refunded.
- The tournament is a fun non-contact AK tournament
- The IRHA Annual Tournament follows the general rules of USA Hockey with limited modifications.
- Download Tournament Rules and Format overview
Tournament Application Form
Reserve early to get airline tickets at the lowest cost.
For more information contact:
Dr. Danny Spodek, Tournament Chairman